Monday 29 June 2015

Vacation on a Budget

The Caribbean as a destination is filled with many options for those wishing to do it on a budget. However, in making a selection there are many things to consider:
 
1. Flights
I believe choosing a destination that you can get there on low airfare is the first step in the process. It's very helpful to not just shop via a travel agency but also to explore deals that are available online using some resourceful websites listed below:
 
Expedia Travel Site  www.expedia.com
Caribbean Online www.col.com
Cheap Caribbean www.cheapcaribbean.com
 
2. Accommodation
Now that you may have narrowed down the destination, where will you be staying? For some islands such as Tobago and Barbados, there are many small reasonable hotels to consider that may be a short distance from beach access. I have seen a common trend lately of some of these hotels offering an all-inclusive option that caters for the budget-minded travellers, taking away the stress of where to dine.

3. Car rentals
I believe it's always a good idea to do this piece of research regarding car rentals. If you're anything like me, where you love to take advantage and explore the place you're visiting to get a true feel and experience, then renting a car should be part of your consideration. Driving to distant attraction sites, restaurants and beaches, this can all be planned in advance where you rent the car for part of your trip. When you consider the cost of some tours, I think grabbing a map and renting a vehicle may prove to be more economical and adventurous! In my trip to Barbados doing exactly this is what made my vacation one to remember!

4. Food
In planning a budget trip, the cost of food is certainly a consideration. Each island this budget may vary however, a good tip to remember is try to dine where the locals do! The food will be locally priced and if the locals flock there then it will be a great indication of how good the food is! In my visit to Tobago this could not be anymore True! I usually sample my crab and dumpling from the popular Store bay beach vendors however I was introduced to where the locals buy from, Barters! His little food place is located opposite the Royal Castle near Pigeon Point junction but I promise you this is definitely home cook styled! Value for your money too!


 
What factors aid in your decision when planning a budget vacation? I would love to hear your tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment